Giorgi Mtatsmindeli Higher Educational Institution of Ecclesiastical Chant performs the ecclesiastic musicological & theological educational program at the second stage of the higher education (Master’s Degree), foreseen by the subparagraph “D” of the first paragraph of Article 475 of the law of Georgia “On Higher Education.”
Enrolment of the students into the Master’s Degree Educational Program will be made according to the rule, established by the Catholicos-Patriarch of All-Georgia;
By the order #O/09 of 01 September 2014 of the Rector of Non-industrial (Non-commercial) Legal Entity, “Orthodox Theological Higher Educational Establishment – Giorgi Mtatsmindeli Higher Educational Institution of Ecclesiastical Chant”
The rules of enrolment of the students into the Master’s degree theological educational program of Non-industrial (Non-commercial) Legal Entity, “Orthodox Theological Higher Educational Establishment – Giorgi Mtatsmindeli Higher Educational Institution of Ecclesiastical Chant”
Article 1. Sphere regulated by the Rules
The present rules determine the terms and conditions of enrolment of the entrants into the Master’s degree theological educational program (hereinafter referred to as “Master’s degree educational program”) of Non-industrial (Non-commercial) Legal Entity, “Orthodox Theological Higher Educational Establishment _ Giorgi Mtatsmindeli Higher Educational Institution of Ecclesiastical Chant” (hereinafter referred to as the “Institution”).
Article 2. Person having the right to pursue the Educational Program
The right to study the educational program foreseen by the first article of the present Rules is enjoyed only be the owner of the degree of Bachelor or by the person equaled to him/her.
Article 3. Enrolment into the educational theological program of the Master’s educational program
- Enrolment into the Master’s degree educational programs is performed without united master’s degree examinations, according to the results of internal examinations determined by the present rule.
- For the enrolment into the Master’s degree educational program, there are introduced the following internal examinations:
- History of the Georgian Ecclesiastic music – colloquium;
- Principles of the Christian Teaching (Catechism) – colloquium;
- Foreign language – colloquium.
- The programs, form of implementation and date of the internal examinations are determined by the Rector of the Higher Educational Institution by the relevant act;
- With the aim to organize the internal examinations and to assess their results, as a minimum one week prior to the examinations in the Higher Educational Institution, the relevant examination boards are created based on the act issued by the Rector;
- Each internal examination is assessed by the 100-point system. The examination is deemed to be passed successfully if a minimum of 51 points is accumulated by the entrant of the Master’s Degree course;
- In case if a student fails to pass an exam fixed by the examination timetable, the entrant of the Master’s degree course will not be admitted to the next examination.
- Enrolment into the Master’s degree educational programs occurs in view of the summarized results of all the exams approved by the Admitting Examination Board, according to the quotes of the places determined by the Higher Educational Institution – starting from the maximal point and downwards. In case of the presence of equal examination results the assessment obtained in the exam of the ecclesiastical chant and folk song will have advantage; and in case of equal points even in this module, the Admitting Board will take the decision about the enrolment of the Institution entrant.
Article 4. Enrolment into the Higher Educational Institution
- Enrolment into the Higher Educational Institution occurs based on the results of the Internal Master’s Degree Examinations;
- Enrolment of the Master’s degree entrants into the Higher Educational Institution can be made only upon the presentation of the document attesting the higher academic education acknowledged by the rule established by the valid laws as well as of the document certifying the military registration of the person who is subject to the military registration according to the rule established by the valid laws.
- Enrolment of the entrant of the Master’s degree course into the Higher Educational Institution will be registered based on the agreement concluded between the Institution and the Entrant;
- About those persons with whom the agreements, foreseen by the 3rd paragraph of the present article, were concluded, there is compiled the united act of the rector of the Higher Educational Institution, which is then sent to the Legal Entity of Public Law, National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement, no later than on 5th October each year. In the united act of the Rector there must be indicated the name, surname, personal number of the Master’s degree student, as well as the educational program for which the student has gained the right to continue his/her studies. The Higher Educational Institution must present the information of the enrolled persons in the electronic form complying to what is stated by the individual administrative-legal act of the Director of the National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement till 7th October each year, includingly.
- After the publication of the united act of the Rector of the Higher Educational Institution, foreseen by the 4th paragraph of the present article, the involved person becomes the Master’s degree student of the Higher Educational Institution.